Our mentoring service, Cinnamon Pencil is a brilliant way to focus on your writing and bring out your creative potential. We’re offering the chance for two writers to receive free mentoring in 2022 win a free place, together with two 50% bursaries to the best runners-up.
To enter, in the first instance, send us either:
- 10 poems, up to 50 lines each; or
- 2 short stories, up to 5,000 words each; or
- up to the first 10,000 words of your novel (to the nearest sensible cut off point).
- a synopsis; and
- a Personal Writing Statement.
Individual poems or stories may have been published online or in magazines, provided the writer retains copyright.
International entrants writing in English are welcome.
The reading fee is £12 and the closing date is 31 September, 2021.
We’ll look forward to reading your submissions and good luck!
- Two free mentoring places plus two 50% bursaries to the Cinnamon Pencil Mentoring Service.
- Open to all writers writing in English, beginners and established.
- Judged by Jan Fortune, Seth Fortune and Adam Craig.
- Credit cards can be used on Paypal if you don’t have an account with them.
- Submitted pieces should be drawn from a work in progress and not a previously published work.
- Entries should be submitted electronically, via the form below, as 3 single documents in .doc, .docx or .rtf file formats only comprising of the extract, an author statement (tell us a bit about your writing and your aspirations for it), and a separate sheet with your name and contact details.
- Please ensure you have up-to-date virus protection before sending any files.
- Work will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- We are unable to give feedback on individual entries — the judge’s decisions are final.
- Results (within 3 months approximately) will be sent individually to those offered mentoring, published on the Cinnamon website, and included in our newsletter, so do sign up.